• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The never ending expansion! posted by coinsandmedals

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

So much to collect!

I have been collecting now for roughly 13 years but I have only been collecting seriously for about 6 or so years. I have a large amount on quality coins that need to be certified to help preserve them, and make it possible to better share my collection with others but it seems that every time I set aside the coins that are next for submission I get sidetracked by another coin and there goes my submission budget! I was wondering if this is a common occurrence with some of the other members here. I also find myself distracted by other series of coins, I collect so many different types of coins that it seems at times a bit too extensive. Don't get me wrong I love the hobby and I'm glad it is so diverse, I just wish my budget would expand as much as my collecting aspirations! What are some of your points of view, what do you do to focus on the collections that mean the most to you and when do you decide to pursue other types of coins? Below is a picture of one coin that expanded my collecting focus a bit further, its on its way back from NGC cert# 2613701-001

14458.JPG

See more journals by coinsandmedals

Yep! All the time... But don't fret it.

Look at it this way; Eric Newman is 102 or 103 years old and he is just now getting around to putting his coins in a slab. :grin:

I guess that's one way to look at it! I guess my real issue is that I often times have to sell coins to make a budget for a new purchase unless I trade. With that being said more times than not seeing how my collection is mostly uncertified, I feel that I lose a bit of the marketing and hence the resale value off of the coin. I appreciate the encouragement, your post literally made the situation a little more lighthearted. Thanks!

I collect modern proof and mint sets from 1959 to date. I also collect silver American eagles and modern comms . I spent the first year buying all the mint and proof sets and sending them to NGC as my budget permits. I have finished the proof set and silver proof sets and I'm sending in as many mint sets as I can each month. I am also trying to complete a 1946 to date Roosevelt dime set that is truly driving me crazy but I just keep plugging along with it and someday the good Lord willing I will complete all my sets. them I'll find something else to try and complete.

I guess what I'm trying to say is collect what you like and have them slabed as you can and someday you'll catch up and all will be good in Mayberry lol

Happy Collecting And May God Bless....Mike