• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why can't an absolutely stunning, Eye Appealing CIRCULATED coin receive the STAR

4 posts in this topic

I understand why an MS60 coin would not qualify for the STAR, but why can't an AU58 (as an example) that is blazing and MARK FREE with a booming, full strike receive the STAR?

Or, that FN12 Barber half with tons of appeal?

Asked and answered. Thanks for the LINK.

Any chance, even though your reply there makes some sense, you might consider changing your mind?

(I had to ask, afterall you changed your mind regarding placement of toned reverses right-side-up in your holders even after you stated you would not.)

I never say never. I have seen some MS62 coins that I thought could qualify, but I think it is unlikely this would ever extend into circulated grades without modifying what constitutes a Star. By virtue of the fact that these coins are "circulated" they have lost a great deal of eye appeal even though they may be exceptionally pleasing. Remember, Star is all about EXCEPTIONAL eye appeal, not necessarily PQ (just miss for the next grade), and not meant for coins that are absent the exceptional eye appeal but posess other exceptional qualities.

John