• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mt Vernon Coin Company

3 posts in this topic

Any good?

They are forever sending me mailings. I buy from them once or twice a year.

How would their premiumBU,premium qualityBU and gemBU translate into numerical grades?Their prices seem resonable but I can't tell since the guides use numbers and they use letters.

I've had 2 experiences with them and there will be no more. I bought a 1909VDB on one of their specials. It was retoned. It cost around $10 so I wasn't too disappointed.

But this one really took me. Last November I bought a Trade Dollar from one of their specials that they called PREMIUM BU. I took it to the show in Houston in January. I showed it to a couple different dealers and they barely looked at it before saying it had been cleaned. i.e. The coin didn't even leave my hand. So, I took it over to the ANACS table and they quickly ended my wishful thinking.

I paid $344!!!

Jerry

They are a bunch of no good lousy coin sharks,and I'll say it to their face.I simply do not understand why they are still allowed to advertise in Coin World and Numismatic News,but then again they let ACG advertise.

I have nothing but bad experinces with them and I know many other people have,too.I wouldn't touch their coins with a 10 foot pole!