• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AND THEY'RE OFF!!!! posted by Eagles-R-it

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Sent em in, how will I stack up?

Well I did it, Sent in my Reverse proof Buffalo, 2013 W ASE set, and a 2012 S ASE set for grading.

I bought some grading books and studied via NGC, and other sites. Looked at each coin daily many times, and concentrated on a different part of the coin each time. I also used more than one different magnification each time so as to get a different aspect of each coin. Also under different lighting.

So, in my extreme ignorance on judging grades, here are my guestimates:

Reverse Proof Buffalo--PR70

2013 W Reverse Proof ASE--PR70

2013 W Enhanced uncirculated ASE--SP70

2012 S Reverse Proof ASE--PR69

2012 S Proof ASE--PR70

I also should let you know that I had to send back the Buffalo and the W ASE set to the mint for replacement before I was happy with the returned ones. And the Mint was extremely fast in turn around and also refunded my shipping on all the returned items. From start to finish it was 9 days from when I mailed them till I got the last exchange item, including refund checks.

If my Buffalo and 2013 W set come back as 70s, I will be extremely happy. Wish me luck, as this is my first submission.

Thanks for reading.

See more journals by Eagles-R-it

Being a member here gives you the knowledge to know when to send a set back to the mint. Most people would simply accept the bad coins for their money. Good luck on the grades and the reverse will be a topper for sure. :)

Good Luck!!!

Rick

P.S. --- If you have a trick to figure out PF69UC and PF70UC please let me know !! :grin:

It does happen, I had a submission this year that returned four 70's and a 69. However, unlike you I wasn't as selective about the coins I sent, I just sent the coins I had from the mint. Lets see, I had the 2012-S SAE set both 70's, a proof 2012-P Star Spangled Banner PF-70, the proof and uncirculated 2013-W Girl Scouts coins at PF-69 and MS-70 respectively. By far this was one of the best submissions I have ever had and I hope you get yours. Like Rick, figuring out the difference between 69 and 70 is beyond me!

Gary