• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Case label question?

2 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I appologize for my first post being a question- but I actually get most of my questions answered by searching and reading other post...

I have the full NGC cased Silver State Quarter PF70 Ultra Cameo set 1999-2009. A friend of mine is working on a full set and has almost all. We looked at his last night and I noticed the case label for one of his was different that any other I've seen.

His NGC case label for the 1999 Delaware Quarter (pre-edge view type) shows;

1999 S SILVER 25c, DELAWARE, PF 70 W ULTRA CAMEO (6-3 # serial)

Mine shows;

1999 S SILVER 25c, DELAWARE, PF 70 ULTRA CAMEO, (7-3 # serial)

also pre-edge view holder.

Can someone tell me if the "W" is Okay to be there?, Was it, in the initial releases, part of the description in the label?

I can't find a single image, or description that has the W in it on any example!

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

1more4me

• Administrator

Thanks for the question!

The "W" on the label stands for white. The letter "T" was also used for toned coins during this time. This nomenclature was only used for a short period in the early 2000's as it proved unpopular...mostly because people didn't know what the letters stood for.

This article from 2002 mentions thie use of "W" and "T."

-Paul