• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PM issues - any solutions?

5 posts in this topic

I have had issues before with my PM function malfunctioning sporadically for the last several months; and I have unfortunately actually overlooked PMs of interest to me. Does anyone know how to fix the looping error that prevents the red mailbox from showing? I try to check my PMs frequently when I post, but sometimes I receive many causing me to inadvertently overlook a PM. As such, is there any way to organize existing, stored PMs? (I have something envisioned like a folder in an email inbox). This would prevent me from overlooking messages. I hate to delete most of the older PMs. I literally have hundreds of them, many of which I wish to keep. It would be much, much easier if I could move all of the old ones to a new folder.

I really should check back again. I mentioned it to Arch once before and he said that it sounded like some sort of looping error with the GIF icon that they use. I have tried Firefox, Chrome, and Safari, and having the same problem intermittently. I can check my messages frequently, but I have found that occasionally one slips past me.

I'm thinking that I actually need to go through and print the PMs that I am interested in saving and delete everything else. I wish there was a way that I could simply move all of my read messages to a new folder and that there were organizational tools (e.g. folders comparable to those used in an email program) that would help me reduce the possibility of overlooking a message.

I had a blinking message indicator the other day, it's supposed to bring that message to the top if someone is adding to it...well, it did not. I had to search through and remember which ones I read to find the new one. There is some sort of 'glitch' doesn't happen all the time just occasionally.

But, the person sending might think you are ignoring them...not good.