• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1892 CC MS63, should I submit for a regrade?

15 posts in this topic

Depending on how bad the hit on the jaw is and the rim hit between E and PLURIBUS, it might be accurately graded. Granted I've seen worse in 64 holders but grading is extremely subjective. There is a decent jump from 63 to 64 so if you think you can get the upgrade it's definitely worth it.

Can't really tell from scans. The graze on the cheek would be the major point of concern, given that is the primary focal point for grading. If it's just a light surface scuff and the rest of the coin is as clean as it looks, well... sure, why not.

Can't really tell from the pics (scans..?) but I would say it looks like a very strong 63, but not a 64.

If in hand it looks like it may upgrade, I would also say go for it, BUT the jump in price from MS63 to MS64 is not huge, especially when you throw in the cost of re-grading of a coin of that value, shipping back and forth etc etc.. And the chances of actually getting an upgrade

I would try to get it to CAC, unless you want to wait weeks and weeks waiting for the coin to regrade, up down or sideways.

I am not familiar with the CAC service. I mean I have seen the stickers but I thought they just certified the grade on the holder? Tell me more.

I would try to get it to CAC, unless you want to wait weeks and weeks waiting for the coin to regrade, up down or sideways.

I am not familiar with the CAC service. I mean I have seen the stickers but I thought they just certified the grade on the holder? Tell me more.

CAC also assigns gold stickers to coins it believes are under-graded. I imagine your coin would green bean but not gold bean. I like it as a strong 63.

How much is the service? Is it membership only?

$12.50 per coin and yes you can only submit if your accepted by CAC. The green bean says that in their opinion the coin is in the top percentage of the grade, a gold is given if they feel the coin is undergraded.