• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1804 Restrike Large Cent posted by Villarreal

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Top Pop

It's been a super busy summer for me. Being in the motorcycle industry in summer means constant travel and little time home for our hobbies.

I had decided to certify my large cents to keep a little excitement going in the numismatic life. I had assembled a raw large cent collection a while back, technically the last century (lol). The 1804 is always a tuff one and I hadn't found one yet. I chanced upon a restrike on Ebay back in 2004. It was a buy it now at $800 for an 'uncirculated' coin. I bought it and it sat in a dansco for years.

I submitted it to NGC a few months ago and it came back as a 'lacquered' coin. I had always wanted to try NCS and this was a coin right up there alley. It was there a month or so, conserved and sent to NGC. Got the grade the other day.

NGC awarded it a NGC MS66 BN. I checked the population report. One other MS66RD and one other MS66BN.

KAPOW!!!

Good Luck with all your coin endeavors...!!!

14305.jpg

See more journals by Villarreal