• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can't add coins to the registry?

20 posts in this topic

Since yesterday, I've tried to add coins -- different coins -- to my registry set and I'm consistently seeing:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8'

Object required: 'findOne(...)'

/registry/members/coins/set_assigncoins.asp, line 128

Is this happening to anyone else, or is it just me?

Do you have a particular CertNum you could post, so I can look into this problem deeper and get it resolved.

Thanks,

Warfare

Your friendly neighborhood web developer

I'm having similar trouble.

"There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed."

I try repeatedly to add coins, and it fails.

Hoot

I have successfully resolved this problem. ziggy - I have also added your coin to your USA typeset. Thank you for your patience.

"There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed."

I have gotten this message in the past also.

I found another problem today. I added a couple of PCGS graded coins to my buffalo sets last night, and when the sets were updated today, the descriptions for two completely unrelated coins were wiped out and they show as being updated also. frustrated.gif

John

Could you provide some details about the coins in question? CertNum would be best. That way I can look into this and try to determine the cause.

Thanks,

Warfare

Your friendly neighborhood web developer

Sure, I have a link to my buffalo set in my sig line. The coins are the 1930 & 1931s. Cert. numbers 271585-001 & 9332582. The photos were not deleted, but the descriptions were.

Thanks

John

Tried to add some pictures to cert # 2502264-009 in my 1938-present Jefferson set and the reply was given that they uploaded okay. I went to look, however, and got the "no image available." I then tried to upload them again, and got:

ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cb3'

Current Recordset does not support updating. This may be a limitation of the provider, or of the selected locktype.

D:\SITES\6591\COLLECTORS-SOCIETY_COM\WWW\REGISTRY\MEMBERS\COINS\../../../SSI/shared/masterobjects/objects/clsDataset.asp, line 256

confused.gif Hoot confused.gif

Arch,

I'm having the same problem as Hoot. I tried to add images to my buffalo nickel set (1916 slot ID 606464-001) and got the message that they uploaded O.K., but when I try to view the coin details, no image shows and it says image not available.

Also a few days ago when I added a couple of coins to this same set and the descriptions for two coins that had been in the set already were deleted. I posted about it but no one has gotten back to me yet. Are those descriptions gone for good?

Thanks

John

There are definitely ghosts in the machine! laugh.gif Arch nailed the pragraph breaks (or lack thereof) in the descriptions, but when I looked, my old set descriptions were back! laugh.giflaugh.gif Fortunately, I keep those in a Word file, so I just copied and pasted... and it works! smile.gif Thanks for puting up with all this Arch! (Or maybe you're not! 893whatthe.gif - is that you behind me??? ...with a knife??? insane.gif)

Hoot

Yup, the bug is still in the picture upload process. Same as John said, as I said! laugh.gif (For a 1936-D MS67* buffalo 5c, cert #1821800-002). insane.gif

Hoot

Cool built-in AI facility, Arch! It knows which coin's pics are lousy and automatically barfs...

thumbsup2.gif

wink.gif

EVP

laugh.gif

617291-1936-D%20Buffalo%205c%20MS67star%20NGC%20o%2004-843.jpg

617292-1936-D%20Buffalo%205c%20MS67star%20NGC%20r%2004-843.jpg

grin.gif Hoot

• Administrator
Arch,

I'm having the same problem as Hoot. I tried to add images to my buffalo nickel set (1916 slot ID 606464-001) and got the message that they uploaded O.K., but when I try to view the coin details, no image shows and it says image not available.

Also a few days ago when I added a couple of coins to this same set and the descriptions for two coins that had been in the set already were deleted. I posted about it but no one has gotten back to me yet. Are those descriptions gone for good?

Thanks

John

Guys, this sounds like the problem is not that the picture isn't uploading, it's that your browser is caching the page. So, you upload the page, the system reloads the page for you with the new images in the code, but your browser (to save you download time) doesn't bother to check if that image has changed... it shows you the old image without checking.

This is why you may find that at first the image doesn't show, but then it magically appears later. Your browser the next time you visit that page will probably have expired the cache, and so will request the new image from the server and actually display it.

You can reload that page at the time you upload the image, and bypass the cache by hitting cntrl-F5.

Arch

Guys, this sounds like the problem is not that the picture isn't uploading, it's that your browser is caching the page. So, you upload the page, the system reloads the page for you with the new images in the code, but your browser (to save you download time) doesn't bother to check if that image has changed... it shows you the old image without checking.

You're right that there may be something weird with the browser, but I don't think it's what you're describing. The reason is simple: the old image does not re-appear. What appears is a "no image loaded" screen. So, who knows, it might take the server some time to make the new image available. But you are right...

This is why you may find that at first the image doesn't show, but then it magically appears later.

...the image does magically appear later. laugh.gif

Hoot

• Administrator

hm... I uploaded an image myself, and what I got was this:

1) Uploaded a reverse image to replace an existing reverse image

2) Got an image upload ok message

3) Was redirected to that coin's detail page, but saw the OLD image in place

4) Refreshed the page, and saw the new one

I did it through the "manage coins" interface, searching for a coin, selecting it, then uploading from there.

We've tweaked a couple of things in the image code lately, so perhaps this issue occurred and was fixed already. But it's also possible that there's a difference between uploading an image to a coin that has never had an image before, and uploading to replace an image. Or perhaps it's an issue with obverse versus reverse.

Does anyone have a more specific description of when and where they see this problem?