• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Want List: PL/DPL/DMPL/UDM coins, Monster Toners, and Cameo coinage (1936-1942)

6 posts in this topic

Before consigning your coins to an auction house or selling them to a dealer, please offer me all of the coins that fit the descriptions below.

* All prooflike (PL), deep mirror prooflike (DMPL/DPL), and ultra deep mirror prooflike (UDM) coinage made prior to 1970 (except for Morgan Dollars). NGC specimens preferred. Undesignated PCGS coins and old ANACS coins are also sought. Others will be reviewed on a case by case basis.

* Any of the following very recent modern coins (post 1970):

Eisenhower Dollar in MS64 or higher PL or DPL

Susan B. Anthony Dollar in MS64 or higher PL or DPL

Lincoln Memorial Cents in Ms69 RD PL or MS65 or higher in DPL

Jefferson Nickels in Ms66 FS or higher PL, OR MS65 FS or higher DPL

Roosevelt Dimes (Clad) in MS68 FT or higher PL, or MS66 FT or higher DPL

Washington Quarter (Clad) in MS67 or higher PL, or MS66 or higher DPL

Kennedy Half Dollar (Clad) in MS66 or higher PL, MS65 or higher DPL

Sacagawea Dollar MS67 DPL or higher

Native American Dollars or Presidential Dollars, considered on an issue by issue basis

* All coins with cameo designations for U.S. proof coinage from 1936-1942. PCGS and NGC preferred. Others will be considered on a case by case basis.

* All coins with monster toning or other significant toning (defined as covering an appreciable amount of the coin's surfaces, with pleasing color, and an appropriate amount of luster). All denominations from half cent through double eagle are fair game (although I don't anticipate there will be a lot of gold out there). PCGS, NGC, ANACS, and ICG coins preferred over other services, but all will be considered on a case by case basis. For a clarification and reference as to what I consider significant, please see the images at the end of this post. The coins don't have to have toning covering the entire side of the coin, but the coverage should be significant and eye appealing.

* NGC star designated coins. Each coin would need to be evaluated on a case by case basis, but star designated coins are sought out. I would be more interested in coins awarded a star for phenomenal toning or blinding luster than I would for a coin that just misses a cameo designation for instance.

Edited to add:

Here are examples of what I consider to be monster toners or toners with significant accumulations of toning:

68comb2_zps9bd1cc67.jpg

64comb_zpsd1c291c7.jpg

Consignments142003_zps543e1dc0Custom_zpsffb87c5b.jpg

65comb_zps8a6f3a25.jpg

Consignments148244_zps6adf6276Custom_zpsf9e700e3.jpg

* All coins with cameo designations for U.S. proof coinage from 1936-1942. PCGS and NGC preferred. Others will be considered on a case by case basis.

Very rare coins...good luck...you're gonna need it. :devil:

Side note: Did you know that PCGS has never designated a Washington Quarter in those dates as Cameo? At least not since the last time I checked anyway....

jom

Very rare coins...good luck...you're gonna need it. :devil:

Side note: Did you know that PCGS has never designated a Washington Quarter in those dates as Cameo? At least not since the last time I checked anyway....

jom

Thanks! And last time I checked, NGC hadn't certified a cameo Washington in the 1936-1942 era either. It's the holy grail of cameos from the era for me. Maybe old ANACS or ICG will have a semi-decent example. I would also love to pick up a nice Walker.