• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are we mellowing in our old age?

9 posts in this topic

Has anyone noticed that some of the words that were, heretofore, bleeped are now acceptable in the posts? It kind of takes the fun out of trying to find "work-arounds" like bidiots. Does anyone else get psst (pissed) off by this because we still can't use nasty words like dum-o-crats (no offense intended)?

Chris

I love this site, but I hate the word censor here because it is so hard to use normal words that are perfectly acceptable in normal conversation. :mad: I'll have to write this, post it and edit it, but here are some of the censored words that drive me nuts here with substitute wording for what they really are. :pullhair:

Alfred Hitchcock - English born film director - "Hitch-rooster" ditto for the prominent signer of the Declaration of Independence, John Hancock - "Han-rooster." (This one seems to have been fixed.)

"Silver " Bland - 19th century U.S. congressman who was co-author of the Bland - Allison Act that authorized the Morgan dollar. "Silver Richard" Bland

Party - "Elephant Party"

Party - "Donkey Party" However you can say "Democratic Party" Will "Republic Party" work?

yes i have found myself mellowing in my old age, very much so

also my back end and stomach area are also getting quite larger and wider in the last few years

I still yell at the kids to stay off my grass.

Expletives deleted?

Chris

I've been here to long when the curse words come out as *spoon* this and *spoon* that, all the kids look at one another and shrug..."What's he talking about *spoon* ?

I haven't started yet. Still waiting for it to kick in. My dad will be 92 next month and he's still awnry, and is chopping down two trees in his back yard this week. :facepalm:

I still yell at the kids to stay off my grass.

Expletives deleted?

Chris

I've been here to long when the curse words come out as *spoon* this and *spoon* that, all the kids look at one another and shrug..."What's he talking about *spoon* ?

It only means that they have yet to complete their education.

Chris