• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Figurative "Barn Find" Thread...

18 posts in this topic

What I am talking about are coins that look "Barn Fresh". You know, like what car collectors find, a car setting in a barn for decades, untouched. But for coins, not in the literal sense of the word, as in most cases, no one really knows, unless of course you really did find the coin in a barn.

Post your gunky, uncleaned, beat up, dirt caked, abused, or otherwise loved coins here!

1806O-101O.jpg

1806O-101R.jpg

Get the picture?

Not really a 'Barn Find' but I bought it from someone on this forum, Deerfan I think, but I like the down and dirty look of it.

1908_D_25C_XF40.png

This one does look like I dug it up in the barn. It had light spotting when I first got it, but over the years it's just gotten more corroded. I'm thinking some type of impurity in the planchet..........

1864CN_zps082a82ee.jpg

Hey guys I literally picked something cool out of a barn recently and since I can't post pics on the phone up here in the great north woods of Michigan I asked a friend to post a pic in the thread!!! Hope you guys enjoy it!!! I was very very thrilled to find it and never knew it existed until now!!!

Thanks!

Jon

Hey guys I literally picked something cool out of a barn recently and since I can't post pics on the phone up here in the great north woods of Michigan I asked a friend to post a pic in the thread!!! Hope you guys enjoy it!!! I was very very thrilled to find it and never knew it existed until now!!!

Thanks!

Jon

Petrified barnyard poop is indeed very rare.

Lance.

Thanks!

Jon

Lance.

lol. Good one Lance.... I must ask, you have sniffed a lot of butts ATS to get a golden membership... so what brings you over here?

Thanks!

Jon

Lance.

lol. Good one Lance.... I must ask, you have sniffed a lot of butts ATS to get a golden membership... so what brings you over here?

Easy, now. I was just having some fun with the wording of that post and what is commonly found in barnyards.

But since you asked, I've been a member here longer than ATS, have many NGC registry sets begun years ago, and I participated in the last two NGC photo contests.

I am not a prolific poster here. But in general I drop by periodically and try to add to the fun and share what I've learned.

You will not find a single "bashing" post by me or anything negative about NGC, this forum, or any of its members.

Lance.