• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

newp- 1945-S Merc- GTG and opnions please

14 posts in this topic

MS64 FB

No way is this FB.

I'd guess MS66-67

-D

Well then apparently you have not seen the many bad examples of FB that are graded that way on a daily basis. I can produce hundreds that are worse than that which are FB.

Your opinion.......and my opinion.

I am amazed that you think that is a 67 (shrug)

I will set up better lights this afternoon. These were taken under my kitchen light.

This is not FB. But is graded higher then 65.........

What does anyone think? Ugly or no? I'm a big boy I can take it

Nick

MS64 FB

No way is this FB.

I'd guess MS66-67

-D

Well then apparently you have not seen the many bad examples of FB that are graded that way on a daily basis. I can produce hundreds that are worse than that which are FB.

Your opinion.......and my opinion.

I am amazed that you think that is a 67 (shrug)

How can you think this is FB ?? The bands are totally flat no separation in the middle.

I will set up better lights this afternoon. These were taken under my kitchen light.

Nick

The coin probably looks a lot better in hand . That type of toning especially on the obverse may not be appealing to certain collectors. Grade guess Ms 66 .

Nick

The coin probably looks a lot better in hand . That type of toning especially on the obverse may not be appealing to certain collectors. Grade guess Ms 66 .

I'm in agreement that the coin probably looks better in hand. I actually like what I can see of it from these pics. I also would guess MS 66.

Really, the only thing anyone can tell from those pictures is that it is a Mercury dime with toning. I can say with high confidence that it is not FB. Beyond that, better pictures are required. If I were bidding on this coin on Ebay, I would bid at the 65 level.

This coin has the look of the "cats eye" toning that a well-known hoard of Merc's had. Those coins mostly graded in the 67 to 68 range, so I would not be surprised by a grade as high as that. Those pictures really don't show enough to be able to grade the coin.