• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ends Sunday on eBay - Allison Park Collection of Jefferson nickels 1938-56

1 post in this topic

Hi All - I think I forgot to post this when the auction started!

Allison Park collection of Jefferson nickels

Here's my eBay write-up... Thanks! Hoot

Allison Park Collection of Jefferson nickels. This collection of Jefferson nickels was acquired this summer from the American Numismatic Rarities (ANR) sale of the Allison Park Collection (APC). The APC was one of the most extensive and broad-based collections in U.S. history, covering all denominations. This selection includes an original Jefferson nickel collection housed in Wayte Raymond boards. All coins are MS63 or better (through MS66), but mostly gem quality, and many have exquisite detail, some with full steps. Many of the coins have taken on a delicate, attractive and colorful patina, although some remain white. The album pages themselves are in average condition and there is no binder. The last page was a blank page that has original handwriting indicating the dates and Mint marks. There is no 1953-D, rather two 1953-S nickels. For 1956, there is no Denver piece, but for all other dates, all Mint mark combinations are included. Overall, this is an exquisite and original collection that would be difficult for most collectors to assemble. The Wayte Raymond holders add a look of antiquity to the collection that is quite appealing.

There are a total of three full coin boards. The pictures show the front and back of each board. The funny alignment of the coins in the album is exactly how the album was received. No coins have been moved, rearranged, or extracted. This set is completely original.

I considered breaking up this collection, having some coins graded, and using others as replacements for coins that I also collect raw. I simply did not have the heart. This collection carries historical importance as well as collector value, and is likely to be a delight to a collector of originality over the due course of time. In my own effort to preserve the originality of the series, I present this opportunity to you.

With juice, I paid well over $600.00 for this collection, without the benefit of photos and sight-unseen. The collection is quite a bit nicer than I had expected it to be. I have placed a very reasonable reserve and the BIN is a bit of a steal.