• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1874 P Seated Liberty Quarter

12 posts in this topic

The coin appears to be Mint State or perhaps a Proof. I can't tell from the photos.

Here is a Proof 1874 quarter that is in my collection. The arrows at the date appear to be in the same positions. NGC graded this one PR-66.

1874QuarO.jpg1874QuarR.jpg

Reverse color looks like a proof, but obverse denticles don't. I'd say it's a nice MS example.

Looks like it might have a hint of rub so I'd say AU58-MS63 level, but it could just be your images.

The coin appears to be Mint State or perhaps a Proof. I can't tell from the photos.

Here is a Proof 1874 quarter that is in my collection. The arrows at the date appear to be in the same positions. NGC graded this one PR-66.

1874QuarO.jpg1874QuarR.jpg

:takeit:

Looking at the reverses I noticed a mark (die break?) on the shield at 9 o'clock just under the stripes on the edge. Would this mean these coins both came from the same reverse die?

BillJones' at Left, Egon's at Right

140337.jpg.da76bf2a1b4bbeb55c05d5b4c54f54f5.jpg

Looking at the reverses I noticed a mark (die break?) on the shield at 9 o'clock just under the stripes on the edge. Would this mean these coins both came from the same reverse die?

You're onto something there. All CoinFacts examples of MS pieces lack that die crack. All the proof examples have it.

It's a proof to me.

You're onto something there. All CoinFacts examples of MS pieces lack that die crack. All the proof examples have it.

It's a proof to me.

..... the reverse sure is well struck for a business strike...... a proof that saw limited circulation ? Either way, it's stunning. Would the rim ding keep it from MS ? ..... GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Just a little update.

Junk you see on the coin is actually from the cardboard holder's plastic window. It's tone is actually a very lovely yellow rim around a blue middle on the front - On the back the rim is a great blue with a fire-orange center around the eagle. I've taken it out and grouped it with a few other coins I'm sending in tomorrow to be graded. I'll let you all know the result when it comes back.