• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANACS photo grade question. (Photo's Added)

32 posts in this topic

I recall having just begun collecting in the early 1980's when ANACS grading was a very new thing and somewhat unknown to the average collector. It's really kind of a shame that today at sale coins in ANACS holders (regardless of generation) get the bums rush when it comes to commanding the right money.

I rarely find coins in these holders where I disagree with the assigned grade. For my 2 cents the graders then, and now do admirable work.

Thank you. I tried my best.

This one has always been special to me. It came to me about 15 years ago. It came in the wallet like shown above in the ad. The wallet was in a velvet box and that was in a second box.

The seller told me that he had been looking for years for the half with the matching clash. I didn't have the heart to tell him that the cert was wrong and it was actually clashed with the quarter reverse. It's an S-8.

These are the images. Todd took the ones of the coin.

S-8-1.jpg

22-1.jpg

23-1.jpg