• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC to offer "black retro labels" for gold Buff.

6 posts in this topic

NGC is now offering the option of the retro holders for the RP buffalo. Previously you would have to submit in bulk to get them. Gold does look sweet framed in black.

I've already contacted NGC about this. The retro holders have to go on their own submission. Thus, if you submit under Modern Special, YOU HAVE TO SUBMIT 5 COINS. Your alternative is to use Early Bird, which is another $10/coin.

Since I was going to use a 5 free coupon, I can submit under Early Bird, but I can't spread the coupon over two submissions.

So I will probably end up using the 5 free coupon, but submit other coins with the RP Buffalo on the same submission.

The retro slab wouldn't match any of my other reverse proof slabs anyway. (i.e. The grapes were probably sour anyway... :) )

Since I was going to use a 5 free coupon, I can submit under Early Bird, but I can't spread the coupon over two submissions.

that is NOT correct

I just did this very thing with my coupon.

my submissions were 4 GSA Morgans (they, too, have to go on their own form), and 4 other coins, and i used my 5 free submission and only had to pay for the other 3 "regular" coins.

when you send ONE submission, but you have to put some coins on a different form because they are "special" in a way (GSA packs, retro holders, multi coin holders etc etc) it still count as one submission (with sub-forms) and you can use your coupon.

i still don't know if i would go for the retro holder if i was in your situation, but just saying.....

Link : 2013-W Gold Buffalo Reverse PR70 ***Chicago ANA 2013 Label*** $2,849 :

http://www.moderncoinmart.com/2013-w-50-buffalo-gold-reverse-proof-pcgs-pr70-chicago-ana-2013.html

1902_220939638060680_1386361144_n.jpg

1002903_220939744727336_2017122823_n.jpg

http://www.greatcollections.com/Series/100/50-One-Ounce-Gold-American-Buffalo

Greatcollections

http://www.greatcollections.com/image.php?cmd=thumb&subcmd=itemphoto&id=734674c27b9d4434179c17232175b355&w=268

Wow - nice

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=893366&STARTPAGE=8

[Q]NGC offerings already..................

Buffalo_eblast_7Aug5.jpg

Special Offer for All NGC Dealers and Collectors

You can now select the black NGC Retro Holder with the Buffalo label when you submit an American Buffalo 1-ounce Gold Reverse Proof.

Or, choose the traditional NGC white holder with one of the label options listed below.

NGC white holder label options:

• Buffalo

• Early Releases®

• First Releases®

• NGC Standard (brown)[/Q]

The United States Mintþ usmint@subscribe.usmint.govþ

2013-american-buffalo-1-oz-gold-reverse-proof-coin_original.jpg

that is NOT correct

my submissions were 4 GSA Morgans (they, too, have to go on their own form), and 4 other coins, and i used my 5 free submission and only had to pay for the other 3 "regular" coins.

when you send ONE submission, but you have to put some coins on a different form because they are "special" in a way (GSA packs, retro holders, multi coin holders etc etc) it still count as one submission (with sub-forms) and you can use your coupon.

i still don't know if i would go for the retro holder if i was in your situation, but just saying.....

So they let it slide?

Specifically stated on the coupon:

"This coupon must be enclosed with the submission of five coins (value of each coin under $3,000) on ONE submission form for EITHER NGC early Bird OR Standard World OR Ancient Standard service, on or before the date noted above."

Emphasis theirs.

sigh. Will write customer service. I'd really like one RP Buff in white to match the rest of my RP's, and the other in black, because gold looks really nice on a black background. :)

that is NOT correct

So they let it slide?

Specifically stated on the coupon:

"This coupon must be enclosed with the submission of five coins (value of each coin under $3,000) on ONE submission form for EITHER NGC early Bird OR Standard World OR Ancient Standard service, on or before the date noted above."

Emphasis theirs.

sigh. Will write customer service. I'd really like one RP Buff in white to match the rest of my RP's, and the other in black, because gold looks really nice on a black background. :)

i guess they do. they let me do that. maybe a sub-form is not considered a "separate" form.

but, remember that the early bird tier is for coins valued up to $3,000. so you can't put a value higher than this if you submit the buffalo (not sure what its value is, just saying..)