• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Question About 2013 Two-Coin Silver Eagle Sets

3 posts in this topic

I see that NGC has extended the cut-off date for Early Release submissions to this Friday, 8/16. Questions:

Do the sets have to be in Mint-sealed shipping boxes to qualify?

What is the difference between First Release and Early Release? Is this Friday's deadline only for Early Release?

Thanks!

What is the difference between First Release and Early Release? Is this Friday's deadline only for Early Release?

Thanks!

NGC uses the term "Early Releases" because of a lawsuit that was filed in Florida a number of years ago which disallowed the use of the term "First Strike". Since PCGS is headquartered in California, the suit did not affect them, so they continue to use "First Strike".

Both terms mean pretty much the same thing..........nothing regarding numismatic importance.

Chris

I see that NGC has extended the cut-off date for Early Release submissions to this Friday, 8/16. Questions:

Do the sets have to be in Mint-sealed shipping boxes to qualify?

I

Thanks!

To answer the OPs original question. no you don't need the mint sealed box. They must be submitted in equal numbers to qualify for the set designation.