• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Varieties and their prices

10 posts in this topic

Maybe someone could tell me where you find the approximate prices of certain varieties such as a 1957 .25C FS 901 Type B Reverse?

The listed census is very small on the VarietyPlus area, about 54 I think, but I do not see any realized auctions links or anything of the like.

Thanks.

Well that was a dead end and a book you have to buy.

I found a little bit of info on it. Enough to know that they are probably not worth sending back in for attribution.

Ten percent of the web info is good...the rest is a cesspit of outdated ignorance and pop-culture crapola.

"...A book you have to buy...." Should the authors give all their work away on the web to those who expect stuff handed to them at their whim?

Not a personally directed comment - just an opinion.

Take a look at Teletrade results. They have handled a number of 1957 Type Bs, which are becoming very common.

We have sold a number of common Type B quarters (1960 and 1957), and they have sold for about $40-$50 in MS65, $75-$100 in MS66, and $200-$400 in MS67.

Ten percent of the web info is good...the rest is a cesspit of outdated ignorance and pop-culture crapola.

"...A book you have to buy...." Should the authors give all their work away on the web to those who expect stuff handed to them at their whim?

Not a personally directed comment - just an opinion.

I agree. I did not take it as a personally directed comment. If and when I am ready to invest in more books I think you know what books i am going for.

Take a look at Teletrade results. They have handled a number of 1957 Type Bs, which are becoming very common.

We have sold a number of common Type B quarters (1960 and 1957), and they have sold for about $40-$50 in MS65, $75-$100 in MS66, and $200-$400 in MS67.

Yeah that is about what I have gathered from doing exactly that. I have had a slabbed MS64 and a MS-65 PCGS for quite a long time now and just stumbled across this info on the variety. Surprisingly the person that had them slabbed originally must not have wanted to spend the extra money for attribution.

I periodically go through all my obscure, boxed up stuff that is either in Capsules, small envelopes, or slabs and go through them one at a time looking to see what I missed. That just happens to be what I found today.

Thanks.

The Type B Reverse Washington Quarter can be quite common on some years and quite difficult for other years.

My experience has been that 1961 and 1962 can be extremely difficult to find in grade MS65 and up while 1957 seems to have an abundance of MS66's with quite a few MS67's.

Back when the "Type B Reverse" phase started ATS, I invested heavily in a submission (a mere 10 coins) which cost me close to $400 which I'll never see again.

However, there "once was a time which". Unfortunately, that time has come and gone and for now, it makes little sense to have anything attributed which grades lower than MS66 as the fee's will simply not be recovered.