• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay issue that i could use some help with fast....

23 posts in this topic

Does anyone know the eBay seller "frosty444"?

I believe this person has blocked me because it won't let me bid or ask him a question.

I do not recall ever doing business with this person. I am hoping somebody was willing to contact this person on me behalf....? They have a mercury dime ending in about 2 and a half hours that I want to bid on.

I truly do not remember this person nor what I may have done for them to block me.....

I am hoping to find out though....?

Thank you for any help at all

BTW, my eBay user is nicolo315. I have 173 transactions with a %100 positive feedback score. Mostly a buyer though, I do not sell unless I am upgrading or cleaning out the safe

It really depends upon what the coin is. I admit that I don't collect Mercury dimes beyond a couple of Proof type pieces, but I can't recall any coins in that set that can't be found. It only takes a little digging.

Generally I don't beg people to do business with me. If a company can't treat me with respect, there are a lot of other fish in the sea.

It really depends upon what the coin is. I admit that I don't collect Mercury dimes beyond a couple of Proof type pieces, but I can't recall any coins in that set that can't be found. It only takes a little digging.

Generally I don't beg people to do business with me. If a company can't treat me with respect, there are a lot of other fish in the sea.

I agree with all of this.

Ok. Did you just want me to PM the guy/gal and ask why you blocked? If I do they may block me thinking I will bid on it on your behalf.

How high you willing to go?

Ok. Did you just want me to PM the guy/gal and ask why you blocked? If I do they may block me thinking I will bid on it on your behalf.

How high you willing to go?

I placed a bid by snipe tool for him.

I have actually got my eyes on a 1928-A Silver Note. coolkenny...... that's not you is it?

Going check that out!

Wdrob,

I HONESTLY don't know why I was blocked in the first place......?

I never have done business with this person (that I can recall)

No, don't get yourself caught up in it if you think they might block you. Thank you though

Kenny, thank you very much! If I win, my son will love it! He loves the mercs(he's 4 years old!)

ok. Sounds like Kenny has you taken care of. Good.

I downloaded that snipe tool. I guess I will see how it works on this Note I have my eyes on.

Thanks.

Bill

You could be blocked for many reasons. Sellers have practically no recourse against bad bidders, so many are very quick to block.

As a seller I frequently talk to other sellers I trust and exchange bad buyer information. I've blocked bidders based on posts made about them in the forums. I'll block bidders based on posts they make if they sound unreasonable. I'll very quickly block bidders who ask really stupid questions about an auction that I'm running.

You may have never had any contact with this seller, but he may know of you.

You could be blocked for many reasons. Sellers have practically no recourse against bad bidders, so many are very quick to block.

As a seller I frequently talk to other sellers I trust and exchange bad buyer information. I've blocked bidders based on posts made about them in the forums. I'll block bidders based on posts they make if they sound unreasonable. I'll very quickly block bidders who ask really stupid questions about an auction that I'm running.

Given this, I'm glad I go to coin shows to buy most of my coins, or deal with dealers I know personally over the Internet. hm John Albanese once said I was a very conservative grader. Gee, if that rep takes off I could be in really big trouble. ;)

This automatically sounds like I am a big pain in the butt to people. I have had many many great transactions all over the place........

Bruce,

I never did find out what the problem was. Another member placed a bid on my behalf. Coin was paid for, i paid him, coin arrived today smoothly. Its a perfect MS67 that fits in my affordable mercury dime set perfectly! I know some of you say not to beg for business but this coin went good in my set and didnt want to pass it up. i even got it well under my max bid!!!!!

Picture is below, except my pictures never do the coin justice!!!!!!

Many thanks to the member who took the time to help me. He is a very selfless person and i would vouch for him any day of the week!

140046.jpg.d8ffd674fa2a8e241a5fac2bf96efe6a.jpg

140047.jpg.e619d8e442bc8a9e87986430cd835821.jpg

140048.jpg.055f2c372b876bc6f7130a1de4957d31.jpg

140049.jpg.0e350d6eb763a6cb154e574e315e56c5.jpg