• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When will the World Census be accurate?

2 posts in this topic

Hello NGC

I have been waiting for a couple of years for the World Coin Census to be updated to accurately reflect the coins that were graded. I would like to purchase a new copy of the census after the online census shows coins that I know should be included because the coins exist where my paper copy and the online copy shows no coins graded. I have not bothered having my ungraded world coin collection slabbed or cross-graded because neither grading service is providing an accurate census. I have been told on two occasions, years apart, that the problem with the World Coin Census is being fixed and am optimistic that NGC will prevail.

How will I know when this monumental task is complete? How does the NGC plan on notifying collectors when the World Census is accurate?

Patiently waiting,

Norway Kroner

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

We too would like to have the World Census complete, but it is simply a matter of manhours. I've been working on this project intermittently, and you'll see that there have been major overhauls of France and Germany. This work is presently alternating with the creation of new Registry sets, so it is proceeding slowly.

The World Census will continue to be updated as time permits on a country by country basis, in descending order of popularity.