• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB- Raw Franklin Half Dollars

7 posts in this topic

I'm looking for Brilliant Uncirculated/Gem coins for my raw Franklin album. I'm just getting started in the Franklin series so I pretty much need all dates and mint marks, except for the 1963 P&D. I already have those 2. Coins do not have to have Full Bell Lines either. I will start a separate album for FBL coins in the future. I would prefer coins with no toning for my album, although I'm not opposed to purchasing toned coins. I have several Morgans and a few other raw/certified coins that I would be happy to trade with, or I can buy what you have outright. Please include pictures if you can. Let me know what you've got! Thanks!

Just a heads up: If you place the coins in an album, they will likely tone. If you are trying to avoid toning, you might want to consider storing them in a capital plastic holder, mylar 2x2 flips, airtights, etc.

I want them to tone Kenny! That's the purpose of this new album. I would like coins without any toning so I can watch the progression of the toning while they are in the album. I think it would be pretty cool to pull the album out every few months and see what has developed over time.

I am curious, just how quickly will the coins start to show some toning. I realize there are numer ous factors involved - humidity, type of album, etc. But I am just curious, six months, a year?

That's what I intend to find out! It will be very interesting to see just what happens though!

I want them to tone Kenny! That's the purpose of this new album. I would like coins without any toning so I can watch the progression of the toning while they are in the album. I think it would be pretty cool to pull the album out every few months and see what has developed over time.

...... a man after my own heart :cloud9: ....... I bought an 1812 CBH off of eBay that had been cleaned with not much abrasion, but was kind of dull and lifeless. Since I had no intention of selling it, I decided to carry it loose in my pocket..... separate from my other change of course, to see what would happen. You would never know the coin had ever been cleaned after just 3 months..... it's one of my favorite coins. I wish I was better at imaging..... to share the results..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u