• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fake Barber quarter

4 posts in this topic

There is a fake Barber quarter being discussed on the PCGS board. The photo of the slab shows letter spacing on the insert that looks like that on the 1893-S and 1909-S VDB fakes discussed here. Those who track this sort of lawlessness might want to check.

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=894518

Wow, now I have to learn how to tell a real holder from a fake and the compairision is great with all the posts.

But with those expensive keys I can't afford them, someday they might move to the common stuff.

One post talked about the font:

"Weren't those 'fonts' designed specifically for the grading company and not in the Microsoft line up? "

But no one answered the question.

I hope they are though.

Doesn't matter if the fonts were custom designed. There are groups out there that get their kicks out of designing fonts and then encoding them into files that computers can use. It would be a simple matter for them to take examples of an existing font and create a fontfile that you can load into your machine and then you too can print using PCGS's font.