• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you think?

6 posts in this topic

I've had this 1966 SMS set for a while now. I bought it from wdrob and I just haven't taken much time to take any pictures of the set! I've been so busy with everything else that these have been sitting on the back burner. But I finally got around to photographing these coins today and let me tell you, these SMS coins are very challenging! But after some experimentation this is what I've come up with. I am very pleased with how the pictures turned out. I'm working on cropping and putting backgrounds on the rest of the coins but will post them later on if anyone wishes to see them. I will also be adding them to my website. Let me know what you think! Thanks in advance!

1966SMSKennedyFullCoin_zps62fbb30c.png

Changed bulbs, got a bit of a different result. I used my GE Reveal bulbs for the first photo. The second photo here was done with a standard 75w incandescent bulb plus some diffusion. I am photographing this coin at an angle to get the light reflect off the fields and devices, like you would do with a proof. Up next will be CFL bulbs.

1966SMSKennedyFullCoin_zpsedaa705a.png