• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC MS67RD 1973D Lincoln Memorial Population of 6 posted by hunter's gold

7 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

More photo upgrades

Hi Everyone. Recently I have been sending out some coins too a fellow collector to have some photo work done. Here is an example of one of his photos. It is my NGC MS67RD 1973D Lincoln Memorial. NGC currently grades 6 at this level with none finer. I have read over the years all the post about having pictures in your set and how most collectors like too see what others have and dislike the obscured sets. I want too give a shout out too one of my fellow penny collectors who inspires me and whom I have developed a friendship with all over the thrill of coins. VUMC409 has recently upgraded his photos in his sets and I think they are amazing. Michael keeps me on my toes and I thank him for it. I hope you enjoy my picture and as always, thanks for looking and Happy Collecting

14041.jpg

See more journals by hunter's gold

AWESOME pics. I hope you get all your top pop coins imaged like this.

Who does these for you again?

I have considered sending away 10 coins as a test to a couple different photographers and see what they can produce.

Your posts are an inspiration to anyone not just Lincoln collectors. :banana:

Hi Seth. I am sending these to a gentleman name Robert Campbell. he is on here and does some amazing work. He goes by Robec. Michael who goes by VUMC409 on here does some amazing work as well. A lot goes into making that decision as it depends on what you want to have photographed, toning, proof vs mint state, metal etc. Robec sends me at least 5 images of both the obverse and reverse and if you look at my pictures I am not trying to hide flaws. Flaws that are consistent for the grade are what they are and no use trying to hide them. the 2 guys mention do a good job at this.

I love the die polish on this coin! This is what you get with good macro photography, which is why I invested so much in it for my collection.

Gary

Gorgeous photos and great low pop coin. I think these photos are better than I could do but most of mine get the job done.

Thanks for the call out and I know you'll keep finding the rare ones.

Michael