• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinion on BU Franklin Halves

4 posts in this topic

Are BU Franklins (common date) worth the premium over junk silver? I don't have a feel if they are as common as the 1964 Kennedy half and am considering salting away some BU Franklin rolls at around at around $220 per roll. I don't have an eye to cherry pick any FBLs but presume they were likely picked over previously - but who knows. Opinions on these?

True BU rolls from the 1950's usually sell at a nice premium (if they don't then buy them at melt if you find them!). Early 1960's rolls tend to not be as desirable but should still sell over melt.

I've bought and sold some of these in the past and that was my experience. As always, YMMV.

I don't know exactly why, but rolls of 1955 BU's ALWAYS command a premium well over spot. I guess for some, finding a "Bugs Bunny" is a quest.