• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New US Coinage Research Articles

8 posts in this topic

A new research article titled Purpose of $3 Gold Denomination Discovered and Clarification of the 3-Cent Coin Alloy will be published in the #3 issue of Journal of Numismatic Research (JNR). This is expected to be printed in the late summer of 2013. The issue will also include other articles of a related nature.

Future original research articles will include:

Mints

United States Mints During the Interwar Period

Franklin Roosevelt Dime

World War II

Treasury’s Secret Battles

Silver Divers of Corregidor

Saving Philippine Treasure

Nazi Plunder of European Gold

Saudi Gold Discs and Lend-Lease

Gold

International Gold Standard

Gold and Silver Nationalization

Export, Exchange and Hoarding of Gold

Titles might change before publication as final reviews and editing take place. When a schedule is established, it will be posted for those who are interested.

An article about the fate of 1895 dollars will be in a future issue containing related material.

All of the above, plus another dozen articles, are complete and ready to publish as resources permit.

I'll post more details as things get scheduled and closer to release date. Meanwhile, if anyone has a question about these subjects, send me a PM or email.

A new research article titled Purpose of $3 Gold Denomination Discovered and Clarification of the 3-Cent Coin Alloy will be published in the #3 issue of Journal of Numismatic Research (JNR). This is expected to be printed in the late summer of 2013.

Great but any idea when we will see the #2 issue of JNR?

As soon as it comes back from the printer. I'm using a different printer and they are having difficulty matching the materials, etc. used for the #1 issue. If money were no object, #2 would have been printed months ago.