• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you think of SquareTrade on eBay?

6 posts in this topic

I've toyed around with the idea of joining SquareTrade on eBay. It's just one more level of confidence that a person can have in their auctions. I've personally benefitted from their services, as I have used them to negotiate a first level of reconciliation when I had to file a fraud claim. This led to eBay refunding most of my $$$ on a purchase a few years back. (I think that the limit was $200 and I had paid a bit more for the POS coin than that - NEVER buy raw gold on eBay!) Anyhow, the cost is not recoverable directly. You pay $7.95 a month or a yearly fee of $67.50. If you're deducting your business expenses on eBay, then I suppose you can deduct it.

Does the SquareTrade seal give any of you a level of comfort, especially with someone whom you've never dealt with before? Or does the feedaback score do the trick for you?

Whaddayathink? Hoot popcorn.gif

Does the SquareTrade seal give any of you a level of comfort, especially with someone whom you've never dealt with before? Or does the feedaback score do the trick for you?

I look for the PowerSeller icon! shocked.gif SquareTrade logo is meaningless to me. To be honest, I'm not even sure what it is. Some sort of dispute resolution center?

I wouldn't bother with it or the ID Verify thing. Anything a scammer can pay a few dollars for to encourage confidence isn't worth anything. I look at feedback (actually reading the comments and seeing what they others purchased) and seeing what type of auction descriptions the seller has.

I may be in the minority, but it definitely does not inspire confidence when I see it. The criteria for being accepted into the program are minimal, and the one time I had someone give me a hard time in the return of a coin was when they were a Square Trade member and they just ignored all the Square Trade policies.

I look for the PowerSeller icon! shocked.gif

You know, every time I end up selling a bunch of stuff on eBay, they simply place that icon next to my ID, whether I sign up for it or not. Maybe because the first time, I signed up for it? Does it happen to you too? I really don't care, either way.

I wouldn't bother with it or the ID Verify thing. Anything a scammer can pay a few dollars for to encourage confidence isn't worth anything. I look at feedback (actually reading the comments and seeing what they others purchased) and seeing what type of auction descriptions the seller has.

I may be in the minority, but it definitely does not inspire confidence when I see it. The criteria for being accepted into the program are minimal, and the one time I had someone give me a hard time in the return of a coin was when they were a Square Trade member and they just ignored all the Square Trade policies.

These comments make good sense.

Thanks, Hoot.

I`ve played on both sides of the fence, with the square trade logo and without. To be pefectly honest I did a little research of my own as far as the bid levels of certain coins where the sellers had the logo and did not . My determination was that positive feedback ratios were a major consideration to the buyers, but the logo was not ! This only my personal experience and opinion ! smirk.gif

You know, every time I end up selling a bunch of stuff on eBay, they simply place that icon next to my ID, whether I sign up for it or not. Maybe because the first time, I signed up for it? Does it happen to you too? I really don't care, either way.

Yep, once you sign up for it the logo remains there as long as you meet the sales level. You can turn it off if you like. There is a preference for it under My eBay, but I'm not sure exactly where.