• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 5c Specimen Chalenge posted by Six Mile Rick

9 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Lost one but got the other!!!

Friends,

I had made a few sales in the past few weeks. Usually I get checks which is good but last week all payments were in Pay-Pal. I don't take the money out of pay pal except for purchases on the bay. As I had a small nest I started to hunt for something to add to my sets. My Proof nickel set is starting to look good with the 1989-S to date complete PF70UC except 3 coins. I'm still needing the 1991-S and the 2 specimen coins. I set out to grab the specimens but of course I was not alone!!! I lost the 1997 SP70 when the bid went over $225 so I geared up a bit for the 1994 which ended 4 minutes later. I won her at $288.27 shipped and still $40 and more less than buy now prices. The FMV is $500 and it will be a great addition to my set!!! :)

Happy Coin Collecting ---- Rick

See more journals by Six Mile Rick

Congrats Rick !!

One of the biggest keys to bidding is to know when to stop the bid, its not easy to do given our addiction to coins ! However, if you remain discipled (more or less) good things will happen and buying opportunities like your 1994 willl arise.

Best Regards,

Rich

Rich, Thanks----I set myself and most times do very well. When a coin comes up that I am bidding on and it is also in the Top 100 Moderns it is a challenge to acquire the coin for sure!! The good breaks that I get on other coins I bid on usually come in to play when I win a top 100 coin. :)

Some bids are easy and smooth and then others are tough but you need not stay for the tougher ones. I will go for the 1997 specimen again ( at the same bid ) when my pay pal builds up again. I could only afford 1 this time so I lost the first and got the second. :)

Later Bud --- Rick

Nice addition. Proof Jefferson Nickels are not an easy set.

The earlier dates in PF70UC are the hardest to get, I had to pay whatever the seller wanted on more than a few issues just to insure I get one. I am underwater on that set if you know what I mean.

Good luck finding those hard to get dates. :banana:

Congrats Rick. Glad that worked out half way for you.

Btw; I received the slabs today. Thanks you very much... Now 2 years closer to a full set.

Rick nice catch. I wish I had a SP70 1994 I only have the SP69 1994 and SP69 1997 but I still feel good. I look but the prices are too high for me at this point in my life. In 2009 I got the bug and have been collecting since. I remember the great welcome email you gave me when I started posting here on this chat site.

Happy Collecting

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

Thanks Seth and Ed!!!

Congrats Rick. Glad that worked out half way for you.

Btw; I received the slabs today. Thanks you very much... Now 2 years closer to a full set.

wdrob, I am glad you got your silver quarter set started. Always a pleasure to help another collectors set. I notice you started loading a few sets in the club and would like to welcome you aboard this fine community!!!

BTW - I like your store set up --- Currency Depot

Rick

wdrob, I am glad you got your silver quarter set started. Always a pleasure to help another collectors set. I notice you started loading a few sets in the club and would like to welcome you aboard this fine community!!!

BTW - I like your store set up --- Currency Depot

Rick

Thanks. It's a work in progress. I am waiting on some paper currency that I bought a long time ago that is going up there also but I don't know if I will ever see it. I also have a bunch that I bought off line that includes some old confederate paper.

$T2eC16NHJIYE9qUcM8BHBRw4Fo(ZzQ~~60_12.JPG

In a few days I should have 16 more PF70 UC's to add to that Quarter set. Well that and the ATB set. Getting there slowly. Will be looking forward to your continued supply of PF70 UC's coming in.