• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1827 and 1830 large cents

16 posts in this topic

It's all good Jerry! It happens. If it were me, I probably would have saved my money and bought some coins that were in better condition. The values don't really start going up for either coin until you get in the XF-AU grade range. On the 1830, that looks like the Large Letters variety and doesn't carry the stronger premium that the Medium Letters variety carries. Appears to be some corrosion on the Reverse of the 1827 and the color on the Obverse of the 1830 just doesn't loik right to me. Maybe someone tried to retone it? I'm still learning!

well they are low grade coins for sure. I will probably resell them and see if I can make a couple bucks. Not meant to be shining stars for my collection.

I understand that! I do that from time to time. I think it was a pretty good deal. $26-$27 for both coins. You could probably get $20-$25 out of each of them. Any profit is a good profit!

I'm doing much better now. Still a little sore but it's getting better. I'm able to get out and get around much more though! Just can't over-do it right now though.

I'm not at work right now. I'm limited on the things I can do and none of that fits in with the work I do on the farm. So I'm at home for another 5-7 days at least.

I would love to! But I have hospital bills to pay for now! Although, if the price keeps dropping like it has over the last week, I might have to go hungry for a couple of days! If it falls under $10, I may have to go hungry for an entire week!

i guess it is a cash and carry deal when you go shopping. maybe I can get some money to you if you can find some good stuff at a good price. Not much to buy around here.

1827 looks like a strong VF or maybe low XF but might need to take a bath.

the 1830 looks G to me, rims need to be complete to qualify as VG.

There must be some threshold of how much of the rim remains for VG. Just simply based on what is in the ANA Grading Book I would think this should be a 'G'.

Morgan-08o.jpg

See how a portion of that rim is gone? Yet it is a VG.

There must be some threshold of how much of the rim remains for VG. Just simply based on what is in the ANA Grading Book I would think this should be a 'G'.

Morgan-08o.jpg

See how a portion of that rim is gone? Yet it is a VG.

it looks complete to me..

as long as all denticles are there..