• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fractional Buffalo gold of 2008 question....

13 posts in this topic

Just a quick question here: Does anyone know what the original packaging was for the 2008 Buffalo fraction gold series? Did all four come together or was their also separate packages for each? I'm looking to find original packaging for the 1/2 oz. and wondered if there was such a thing or did they all come together?

Thanks for any info...

jom

Just a quick question here: Does anyone know what the original packaging was for the 2008 Buffalo fraction gold series? Did all four come together or was their also separate packages for each? I'm looking to find original packaging for the 1/2 oz. and wondered if there was such a thing or did they all come together?

Thanks for any info...

jom

Yes, the fractionals were available separately from the Mint.

Chris

Thanks for any info...

jom

Chris

Any idea what kind of packaging they had? Nice wooden box or some such?

Thanks

jom

Thanks all. BTW, I made a mistake...I'm actually looking for the 1/4oz...but I guess the info applies in all cases.

Thanks again!

jom

Yes, those four coins came in a very attractive box, and I wish today that had one, strictly from the collectors' point of view. Yes, I know that I would have made a few thousand if I had bought a set from the mint, but at the time I thought that the premium over melt at the mint's price was too high. So did a lot of other collectors, and that's why they did not sell well.

The certified coins do absolutely nothing for me. For me it's the coins in the original box or nothing, but finding the coins in the original box without significant problems (And yes there are Buffalo gold coins out there with more than their share of marks.) is almost impossible.

Thanks Bill. I took the easy way. I just find a coin I like slabbed then find the case later.

I picked up a box for the $10 yesterday off eBay. I bought the coin last year sometime in a 68 holder so at least I've got the packaging. I did the same recently after I bought a Jackson Spouse from Mike Kittle (Illini) at the Long Beach show a few weeks ago.

What stopped me earlier from getting the Jackson in the past has been more the price than anything. Now that gold has lowered a bit I found one at a more reasonable level.

In both series I really like the wooden cases...especially the Buffalos...

jom

Thanks for any info...

jom

Chris

this is true

Here's the box for my tenth oz. it has an outer sleeve, nice box that opens in front, the protective tissue, insert with description, pop up wooden insert that has magnets to keep it popped up and of course the wooden box with leatherette band. It's super awesome and I got it with my slabbed pf69ucam all for less than $200 back in the day.

CB67F2F4-0C84-4E6B-B448-DE8F2482FF23-11801-00000DE49ED865CC_zps593339e5.jpg

When buying the OGP for coins what you need to look out for is the coin capsules. The capsules, especially, for the 2008 factionals, can be hard to locate since a number of people submit their coins for grading in capsules instead of the suggested 2 ½ x 2 ½ SAFLIPs. The above e-bay item doesn't include the capsule.