• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A mammoth deal ... posted by VUMC409

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

is coming to my set!

For about a year I tried to contact a fellow member about buying a couple of his coins. Well, all this time with no response, I was thinking "Man, this must be one busy person or perhaps they travel quite a bit". About a month ago I finally made contact with him. Turns out he had moved, changed jobs, and changed emails and had just gotten around to changing his email on CS. I didn't even consider -- ya know -- LIFE!

I sent him a message that I wanted to buy some of his coins, initially 18 of them. It now stands at 22. Yep, 22! A year or two ago, Luksic Collection renamed his set to selling all NGC coins. As another recently posted, persistence truly does pay off.

Before we went too far, the seller told me he had consigned a large group of coins and he wanted to verify that he still had the ones I wanted. OK done. So I sent him a prioritized list, with my offer prices. He accepted every one, for all 22 NGC Top Pop Lincoln Memorial Cents.

Beginning next month, I start payments on this mammoth deal, buying one or two coins usually over a two month period. You could say change is a comin' to my #5 set. If all goes as planned, I will hold the #3 spot in the Lincoln 1959-Date set by the end of the year and build a substantial lead over the following year.

I will reveal the coins as they come in and I create the presentations for them. These coins have been in his sets, some of them since he had them graded, for several years. From the pictures I have seen, they are all PQ. Thanks Luksic and everyone else who has helped make my set what it is and is to become.

The first one should arrive in early August. In another deal with yet another sell/buy partner, I will receive another NGC top pop Lincoln in September. More will follow.

Keep an eye out for maybe a few intermediate pick ups in the mean time. Of course, as boring as it is to see Lincoln after Lincoln in the journals, my pride in this set will keep them coming for all to see as the set grows.

Thanks for reading and view my set to see my most recent addition. I leave you with a recent picture of my NGC 1986 D MS69RD that still awaits a score adjustment.

Be well my comrades.

Michael

13937.jpg

See more journals by VUMC409

Michael

Congratulations on your new acquisitions! Your persistence has certainly paid off! Go ahead and post those Lincolns, you most definitely have a set that if I were in your shoes, I'd be proud of owning. All the best and keep em coming!

Gary

Another great addition to your set Michael. You know me, I will never get bored looking at Lincoln Memorials. I am glad that your persistence with David finally paid off. Keep up the great work on an amazing collection.

Michael,

Your discussions of Lincolns should never to be considered boring. To the uninterested collector they might be a tad tedious , but the same goes for any coin discussion about a series you do not personally collect. Admitted some papers might be dry, to those that have no interest, due to the content and manner that at which it is presented, but so are a lot of fact based papers. As you know I am be a collector of Lincolns, but I have very little interest in the memorial cent. That does not mean, I do not enjoy someone else's enthusiasm for them. Also my interest in your 47 is still alive and well and if it ever hits the market let me know.

wheat

Don't let anyone (even yourself) say that Lincoln after Lincoln will be boring. We all have our likes and dislikes. What matters is that you have found what you like in our hobby. There's nothing wrong with sharing each new acquisition with us, just as I keep sharing my large cents and, more recently, half dimes. Enjoy - responsibly. - Alan