• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

West Point sets extra box?

12 posts in this topic

Hi

Hello every one. Just a quick question. I received 10 sets Friday from the mint. They have been sent to pcgs already. But the weird part is they came in 2 different packages. 1 being 14 lbs and the other being 2 lbs. I couldn't open the boxes for first strike reasons. Just wondering if anyone else who ordered 10 sets got the extra small box? If so, what was in it? I'm guessing the 10th set. But this is driving me crazy.

See more journals by chunk-it

Howdy Chuck,

I have 2 questions please. First why cant you open the boxes to get first strike labels? All NGC wants is the coins in the capsule in a flip and to receive the coins before the cut off date. second why would you send in your coins to the second best grading service? In a very short time you will not be able to add them to your NGC registry as NGC is slowly fading out all PCGS coins from all of there competitive registry sets

Just wondering Happy collecting and may God Bless....Mike

Howdy Chuck,

I have 2 questions please. First why cant you open the boxes to get first strike labels? All NGC wants is the coins in the capsule in a flip and to receive the coins before the cut off date. second why would you send in your coins to the second best grading service? In a very short time you will not be able to add them to your NGC registry as NGC is slowly fading out all PCGS coins from all of there competitive registry sets

Just wondering Happy collecting and may God Bless....Mike

PCGS has a higher standard in their pricing and the members are O-K with the extra cost. So PCGS graded coins still bring more $$$s than NGC slabs do.

It was all one order. And I couldn't get to the invoice because pcgs requires that the boxes are sealed. I feel like the mint would have been prepared enough for a box that holds 10 sets. I wouldn't complain if it was an extra set though!!!

What happens at PCGS if you paid to have 10 sets graded and 11 show up? 11th come back ungraded? (shrug)

Would still be a nice little bonus!

UPDATE.. PCGS contacted me today. It was a random package from silver towne. They said they received some silver bars and they do not grade bullion. Which I know this, but both the packages came in the same day, both ups, and both from Indiana. I guess it's my fault, but I will blame silver towne. (THANKS silver towne for telling me my order was shipped.) PCGS said they would ship back with the graded coins.

Lets us know what grades you got. Just sent mine to NGC...keeping it all in the family. Strange thing NGC no box need and you had to opt out if you do not want Early Release or First Release. Wondering if I just should have brought the 70's on sale at some coin sites. Come to think of it the priume was too large.

Happy Collecting.

Wondering if I just should have brought the 70's on sale at some coin sites. Come to think of it the priume was too large.

Happy Collecting.

This is the path I took last year and this year with the SAEs. After taking into account the cost of the coins, cost of shipping both ways, and the cost of grading...not to mention that there is no guarantee of 70s...it was a good deal getting them from MCM. Plus I got the retro black holder! (thumbs u

Jeffrey