• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1884-O GTG

11 posts in this topic

Please refer to my post on your 1891-S coin about the pictures and the angle!

This one here has some nice toning! I like those colors! From what I can see, the Obverse has some scuffs and marks on it. Not too much chatter on the cheek and some light marks in the field to the left of Liberty's bust. The Reverse looks pretty good on this coin too! Just a few light marks here and there. I also see that die clash on the right between the wing and the leaves. Have you checked this coin for any possible VAMs?

I'd say MS63-MS64 on this coin. While the toning is nice, I don't think it is enough for a *.

This piece looks familiar, and it looks like one I may have sold or traded (in which case the colors are much more vibrant in hand). I won't guess the grade in case this is the coin I am thinking about.

what do you guys and gals think?

As always from the pics. Strong NO mint example. Good strike and few distracting hits. Solid MS65 and I would not be surprised at MS66.

Carl

what do you guys and gals think?

As always from the pics. Strong NO mint example. Good strike and few distracting hits. Solid MS65 and I would not be surprised at MS66.

Carl

Way too much chatter on the cheek for a 65. The reverse is really clean, but remember the obverse usually carries the grade on these. I'd call it a 64.

It looks to be a nice MS-64 although it's not a "Premium Quality" example. In other words and upgrade is not in its future unless the standards change.