• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's Father's Day. Post a "Founding Father" coin.

14 posts in this topic

Lovely coins guys! :applause:

Aside from Franklin, Washington and Jefferson, how about as other Founding Fathers; John Adams, John Jay, James Madison, and Alexander Hamilton.

Aside from Franklin, Washington and Jefferson, how about as other Founding Fathers; John Adams, John Jay, James Madison, and Alexander Hamilton.

I completely forgot about the Presidential Dollars which would cover Adams and Madison. What about John Jay and Alexander Hamilton; did they ever appear on coins?

I completely forgot about the Presidential Dollars which would cover Adams and Madison. What about John Jay and Alexander Hamilton; did they ever appear on coins?

Madison also appeared on the three piece 1993 Bill of Rights commemorative coins set. The half dollar was notable because it was the only half dollar, aside from the 1982 Washington piece, that was made of 90% silver. Sorry, but I'm not in the position to provide pictures.

This is not a coin but a medal. It is a quasi part of the Commecia Americana series. Augustin Dupre, who was one of the Franklin’s French friends cut the dies for this piece as well as the Libertas Americana, Daniel Morgan and John Paul Jones medals. To my way of thinking Dupre was the best of the French medalists during this period (late 1790s), which made him the best medalist in the world at that time.

BenFranklinO.jpg

BenFranklinR.jpg [/img]