• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question About 1883 CC Morgan Dollar DPL VAM?? (Dial-Up Beware!)

10 posts in this topic

I posted a picture of 1883 CC DPL and 1884 CC DPL on "Post Your Most Recent Acquisition" forum a few days ago. I want to ask for your opinion about my 1883 CC MS63 DPL..I bought it off from eBay, and I am told that my Morgan is VAM 4A. I am not familiar with VAM or anything like that, I only want that coin because it's DPL.

Here are few pictures that I copy from eBay (exact one that I bought):

Vam7_zps86721d60.jpg

VAM8_zpsc3648a8a.jpg

VAM1_zps8086c172.jpg

VAM2_zps1d54b96b.jpg

VAM3_zps05ba7d70.jpg

VAM_zps2ebae500.jpg

VAM6_zpsad57ce45.jpg

VAM5_zps7e491994.jpg

VAM4_zpsd6865ab7.jpg

From what I can tell by the pictures you provided, it appears that it's a VAM-4A. I have an 1883-CC in my collection that is also a 4A and it has all the same clashes and doubling. If you'll examine the Mint Mark on the Reverse, you'll see some extra metal inside the loop of the first "C" as well.

From what I can tell by the pictures you provided, it appears that it's a VAM-4A. I have an 1883-CC in my collection that is also a 4A and it has all the same clashes and doubling. If you'll examine the Mint Mark on the Reverse, you'll see some extra metal inside the loop of the first "C" as well.

Is that what it look like?

VAM9_zps5529e9f4.jpg

Yes sir. That's what I have on mine as well. I sent mine in for Crossever/Variety Plus service a couple months ago but it came back as "Did Not Cross" due to "Impaired Luster". I was a bit disappointent but it's still in it's PCGS MS63 holder.

I'm pretty sure that you have a VAM-4A right there. It's a great looking coin as well! Nice pick up!

You are more than welcome A.Phillips! BTW- I love your signature line! Just so you know, there is no chin behind Chuck Norris' beard. There is only another fist.

You are more than welcome A.Phillips! BTW- I love your signature line! Just so you know, there is no chin behind Chuck Norris' beard. There is only another fist.

Haha, that's good one!

While the 1883 CC Morgan Dollar VAM 4A is confirmed, should I re-submitting it to NGC to add VAM 4A on holder label, or it's not worth it?

If it were me, I wouldn't resubmit it. I don't think it would be worth it. The only reason I submitted mine for crossover is because I thought it would get a bump in grade. And while it was there I figured I would get the variety attributed as well.

But the choice is always yours to make. Do what makes you happy! That's the only opinion that truly matters.