• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Received two coin related packages in the mail

6 posts in this topic

Both the result of reading the Registry Board

Hi Friends,

I received two important coin related items on Saturday and today. First, on Saturday, I received a package of the Coin Armour Intercept Technology certified holder protection bags that were mentioned on this board a few month ago. I had ordered a sample a few weeks ago, and finally decided to get the product. The bags slip over the certified holder ( either NGC or PCGS). The downside is that if you are storing your coins in either NGC or PCGS boxes they are not at all compatible as the bag does not allow for then putting the coin in the box slots. I have The Intercept Shield Boxes (but they are getting old) and so I now have the coins in the bags and stored in the boxes... talk about added protection ! Today I went to the bank, put my coins in the bags and all the puppies are now tucked away nicely. I would be remiss if I did not thank Six Mile Rick for his posting on this topic.

Then today the 2nd package arrived, Mark Goodman's Numismatic Photography book. This purchase was the direct result of a recommendation by Iowa Silver Baron Bammer, thanks Bammer !!

The book was ordered from Amazon , has beautiful photographs and is an easy read for someone with little current photographic skills. One of my near term goals is to take a photography course and be able to add high quality pics for all my coins. This book should certainly help me in adding this new skill.

These two purchases really demonstrate the power of this board in exchanging/generating ideas that can help everyone improve their collections in a variety of ways.

Finally, I hope everyone is having a great summer.

Happy collecting, and remember, always buy the book before you buy the coin !

RichH

See more journals by RichH

Rich,

I see you got the Coin Armour. Hope they do protect our collections as introduced. I am surprised that they don't fit in the NGC boxes as stated. Expect to start seeing some nice pics after you get through that photography book you received.

Enjoy Your Summer Bud!!!

Rick

Great purchases Rich! Oftentimes we're so enthralled with the coins that we don't spend the money to either study them or take care of them. I got Mark Goodman's book sometime ago and found it very useful. All the best!

Gary