• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage - Contacted me to make the foul right

5 posts in this topic

And their internet portion of their Signature auction. This time I tried to place bids on two coins with 4 - F-O-U-R - minutes left in their auction and the miserable thing timed out before the bids could be accepted. 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

I find this quite irritating. Anyone else?

Hoot

I've never availed myself of this aspect of their auction service. Is this related to a connectivity thing? I.e., are you using dialup, and does that even matter?

BTW, it may also be because you're a LOSER!

EVP

PS J/K!

PPS Really, needs more salt! Ok, throw on some pepper too.

You could possibly call in or fax your bids if that portion of the auction hasn't taken place. Or you could ask someone who is going to the auction to bid for you.

Thanks for the suggestion Greg. I had planned on calling Heritage in the morning and see if I can simply place a couple of proxy bids. In lieu of that, I'll probably use eBay.

EVP - not a connectivity issue, as I have DSL. This has happened on a wide scale before and Heritage has sent out $50 vouchers for credit in upcoming auctions or purchases. Still doesn't make up for the frustration and potential loss.

Hoot

Heritage contacted me this morning to speak with me about the problem. They took my proxy bids over the phone and will take them to the floor.

Hoot