• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE *COLLECTOR-DEALER* INTERACTION posted by The Artist's Collection

3 posts in this topic

The difference in the two images is astonding. I, IMHO, feel that the ~~ Dealer ~~ had way too much Photoshop training. :makepoint:

To add to this discussion on this particular coin; does any of the collectors reading this post feel ~~ doctored ~~ images are proper in doing business?

I may have missed it in the previous post but, was this a Raw coin or, one certified by one of the leading TPG services?

Best wishes and I hope you do not have too many of these negative adventures.

Semper Fi !

Jack

The photo in this post vs the one in the last was definitely manipulated to hide almost all of the contact marks on that coin. The image here fills in almost every mark on the coin except for the mark across the cheek and the color was toned down to give it an overall consistent color and look. I would be very upset if this was the coin picture that was displayed advertising this coin for sale. The other is a much more detailed and realistic photo.