• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are Early Releases now given more points in Registry sets ? posted by 4thetwinsfuture

8 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

2011 S Kennedy Clad Proof 70 UC ( 201 points but early release 288 points ).

I just noticed that my #1 ranking in 21st century type set went down to #2. It seems that my 2011 S Clad Proof 70 UC Kennedy (201 points) was beaten out by a 2011 S Clad Proof 70 UC Early release (288 points). Is this normal ?

See more journals by 4thetwinsfuture

There is no way this is not an error. I cannot believe even in NGC's effort to rake in as much as they can with their relationship with Darryl and Darryl TV Coins that they would pull such a stupid stunt that would do nothing but make a mockery of this hobby.

If you find out this is accurate please post as there should be a HUGE letter writing campaign to the "powers that be" at NGC.

Post in the ask NGC forum and they usually are pretty good about this type of correction or explanation.

I just checked the point values on some of my modern comms and the early and first releases along with the normal slabs all have the same point value. It sounds like a simple mistake on NGC's part.

I was under the assumption that the NGC registry does NOT treat ER, FR, and or FS any different Than the standard issue. As far as points go in the registry. Unless they changed their policies recently?