• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question

17 posts in this topic

For the past two days, when trying to add coins to my early Silver Commemoratives set I am getting the following message;

Unable to contact ProIV. - please see below for more details about this error.

The certification database is unable to respond to your query at the moment. Please try your request again later. Your request has been added to an admin queue, and you will be contacted.

I noticed that other members have been able to update their sets yesterday and today and am wondering if this problem is only with the database for early commems or worse yet just me. tonofbricks.gif

My set is listed as the Wihlborg Collection, Early Silver Commemoratives 1892-1954.

Thanks

John

Using the technique I used to track down the bug in Feld's web site, I found this weird function call in NGC's registry data entry system: checkWihlborgATcommem().

It seems this may be a good place to start looking...

wink.gif

EVP

Using the technique I used to track down the bug in Feld's web site, I found this weird function call in NGC's registry data entry system: checkWihlborgATcommem().

It seems this may be a good place to start looking...

wink.gif

EVP

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

Hoot

Stop stalking me, you wooly Neanderthal...

BTW, did Neanderthals in general live with the early domesticated canines?

I can't answer that because I'd be stalking you, you rain forest pygmy.

Oh no....They may be on to me! 893whatthe.gif I bet they put some new AT checking software in while they were updating the registry software a while back. Darn! 893frustrated.gif

Oh well, confused-smiley-013.gif I guess I'll have to move my set to some other registry somewhere. Now where can I find another registry? Humm... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

grin.gif

John

Listen you clowns...Can't you answer the guys question without goofing off? Only dolts like you would bring up this non-sense without making an effort to answer...

jom

...wait...uh...minute... doh.jpg

Oh well, I guess I'll have to move my set to some other registry somewhere. Now where can I find another registry? Humm...

Okay, John, you now have my sympathy. Since the NGC coins cannot go into that "other" registry, I guess I will take them off your hands for you. It's tough to always have to be the good guy... wink.gif

TomB,

Are you looking to add more AT coins to your collection? Don't you already have enough? Like that obviously AT TD of yours -- man, it seriously needs a bath. Go ask Iwog, your best bud.

EVP

I will say this about Iwog, he is quite passionate about what it is he likes in numismatics.

Tell me ONE person on any of these board that ISN'T passionate about what they like. The number of posts we all make here tells me there are MANY who are.

But, alas, I've got to go now because I need to start counting the silver ions on my toned coins...it seems I don't really understand them and what they mean to my collection. blush.gif

jom

I must say that I'm most pleased that Oreville pulled up TomB's old post. In my zeal to dance with Iwog, I neglected to think for myself about the issue.

Two important points: toning is due to the refraction of light, and the silver sulfide is the crusty patina overlaying the original metal flow lines that we typically think of as natural luster.

One question though: if the crust were thick enough, that would inhibit what we normally think of as natural luster *and* negatively affect the frequency of the refracted and reflected light. Would this support or detract from Iwog's argument?

EVP

• Administrator

I'm not sure, but I think if we reverse the polarity of the transporter, and hook it to the main deflector dish, it will all work out.

stooges.gifhi.gifinsane.gifstooges.gif

I'm not sure, but I think if we reverse the polarity of the transporter, and hook it to the main deflector dish, it will all work out.

Oh..yeah. Big help there, Captain Technobabble. grin.gif

jom

One question though: if the crust were thick enough, that would inhibit what we normally think of as natural luster *and* negatively affect the frequency of the refracted and reflected light. Would this support or detract from Iwog's argument?

I believe that these are the perfect conditions to assert Iwog's preference and his ideas. Also, there insn't anything inherently wrong with this, it's just the way it is.