• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

~ Post some Early Commemoratives for the Holiday Weekend ~

21 posts in this topic

Here is the Panama-Pacific "economy set." The three small Panama-Pacific coins were offered as a set, and I believe the issue price was $7.50. They came in a leatherette box. These sets with the box show up now and then, but I've never been lucky enough to have a crack a buying a nice one. Heritage had one at a summer fun show, but the half dollar had been polished and was in a "genuine" holder. The gold dollar would have been an upgrade for me as an MS-66, but the quarter eagle was not as nice as the one I have. Therefore I had to pass.

I could have had the set for a bit less than $10 thousand to put the prices for these coins in perspective, but it was just too much money with little gain for my collection. I understood that Heritage did have a set in which all of the coins were graded MS-64 or better, but I never saw or had a shot at that one.

Half dollar

HalfDollarO_zps37834dad.jpgHalfDollarR_zpsfb0eaa5c.jpg

Gold Dollar - dedicated to workers who built the Panama Canal

PanPac1O.jpgPanPac1R.jpg

Quarter eagle

PanPac250O.jpgPanPac250R.jpg

This is one I bought from Jom . Love the colours on this piece. Pics never quite tellhow nice the colours truly are

<a  href=illinois.jpg' alt='illinois.jpg'>

This is one I bought from Jom . Love the colours on this piece. Pics never quite tellhow nice the colours truly are

:devil:

50c-18p-Illinois_zps03e2ff04.jpg

Here's Columbian:

50c-1892-Columbian_1600.jpg

jom