• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1878-S Morgan Dollar

3 posts in this topic

Hey Folks! I'm still new to scanning coins so bear with me please, any tips would be appreciated. Also new to grading them and was hoping to learn through you guys and become involved and active in the community. What grade would you give this morgan? Thanks!

8797927739_16853083f1_o.jpg

1878 -S Morgan Dollar2 by BergenPickers.com, on Flickr

8797927771_d084671710_o.jpg

1878 -S Morgan Dollar by BergenPickers.com, on Flickr

Due to the low quality of the scans and the small image size, it would be quite difficult to provide a meaningful guess of a grade for this coin. Your best bet is to take some high quality pictures of the coin as they provide a little more detail and can provide a better assesment of the condition of the coin.

Hey Folks! I'm still new to scanning coins so bear with me please, any tips would be appreciated.

Best tip would be DON'T SCAN COINS. Try to take a picture. I'm not very good with the camera myself, but even my mid-quality photos are better than scans.

The only thing I sometimes scan is crisp modern paper money and I still attach a photo along with the scan.

Also, don't buy coins online that are advertised with a scan instead of a photo. The scans often hide marks and hits on coins and make them look cleaner