• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ultra cameo gem proof three cent nickel

5 posts in this topic

ngc proof 65 ultra cameo and currently the only ultra graded at ngc for 1871 in any grade! and only theee cameos in any grade! in proof iam sure if therre is one there are more? but not many

one of the hardest dates in the 1870's to get with any cameo at all and actually rarer like this then the so called rarer dates of 65 66 67!! in ultra/deep cameo!

sincerely michael

did you know these coins are called three cent nickels and look silvery white and yet are 85% copper?

would you consider starting a set of these coins or even one coin as a type coin in either ms proof circ or cameo proof?

do you like the design of this coin?/ and also it is curious on the reverse where it just hads the roman numeral three with nothing else? many see this coin and do not know it is a three cent piece from the federal govt!

98565-1871ucam.jpg.656c2492d39ac8334bd72e9c1e0d0f6f.jpg

Thats really nice!! smile.gif I dont think I have ever seen one in person, is it an expensive coin in decent MS grades? I am sure a proof like you posted is out of my range, but I may have to pick up an MS piece or two if I can.

The only way I would consider collecting the series, was if I could afford and have a constant supply of DCAM and UCAM specimens! Then I would have no problem collecting them! smile.gif