• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finally found a Icelandic 1933 25 Aurar to complete my collection posted by Iskrona

8 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Paid twice the money but well worth it.

On May 17th 2011 I mentioned that I needed a Iceland 1933 25 Aurar to complete my Kingdom Era collection. Well nearly two years later one showed up on Ebay. Its the only one I have ever seen raw or graded. Now my set is complete for the exception of the 1940 1 Krona and 2 Kronur in Proof,,,Which I mentioned that none excites in the royal mint collection according to Harry Spencer in his 1986 report of the Proof record of the royal mint ,,,I will not count them in my set

13631.jpg

See more journals by Iskrona

Congrats on the new addition. I bet no way you gave one thought to passing even with the 2X premium after a two year search. I also viewed the pics of your Icelandic medals and they are sensational pieces ! Continued success and thanks for sharing. Rich

Congrats on the new addition. I bet no way you were passing even with the 2X premium after a two year search. I also viewed the pics of your Icelandic medals and they are sensational pieces ! Continued success and thanks for sharing. Rich

Thank you ,,,Rich. Yes...2X krause value is really not much if that coin is the only one you need and never seen one in 10 years of searching. Its been a very interesting journey trying to put this set together. And thank you again....The medals a super nice if I may say so...The pictures of the 2 and 5 kronur don't do it justice....All the designs on the 5K coin shows a proof like frost on all the raised areas,,,,Something I never seen before on a 1930 5 Kronur and I must have see a 100 to 250 or more in the passed 10 years. I had about 4 sets of these medals always trying to get a better coin but I think this set will be the one I keep forever since I doubt I'll find a better one.

Congratulations on your amazing acquisition! It's such a great feeling finding that really tough coin. I had one of those this year as well.....a 1941-A German Reichskreditkassen 10 Reichspfennig coin. My coin is the only example I've seen of this coin in years of searching as well, and I too had to pay a strong premium over Krause. But I now have a pop 1 coin in my registry and a killer world rarity in my collection. Just as you do. It's a great piece and belongs in a great collection such as yours.

Congratulations on your amazing acquisition! It's such a great feeling finding that really tough coin. I had one of those this year as well.....a 1941-A German Reichskreditkassen 10 Reichspfennig coin. My coin is the only example I've seen of this coin in years of searching as well, and I too had to pay a strong premium over Krause. But I now have a pop 1 coin in my registry and a killer world rarity in my collection. Just as you do. It's a great piece and belongs in a great collection such as yours.

Thank You...And Congratulations to you as well Mohawk for your sensual find. We both know the feeling we got from finding such rare coins to add to our collections something we can be very proud of. This wonderful hobby can be very rewarding at times,, spiecally after many years of searching.

Congratulations on your acquisition. It's a very cool looking coin. I'd love to see it in hand if, as you say, the pictures don't do it justice.

What will you start collecting now that this one is complete? Well, as complete as can be.

Congratulations on your acquisition. It's a very cool looking coin. I'd love to see it in hand if, as you say, the pictures don't do it justice.

What will you start collecting now that this one is complete? Well, as complete as can be.

Thank you ....jpcienkus. I'm not sure what I'm going to focus on next.....I love the early U.S. coins like the Half and large cents and Bust halves and Dollars,,,but they get very expensive. I will wait awhile and see how things develop over the next year or so.....But for now I'll just enjoy looking at my Icelandic Kingdom coins. I was thinking of writing a small book about them and the Varieties and or Die States,,,,which I have found a few that wasn't mentioned in any book I'm aware of.

Great find! I know what it feels like to find the coins you just can find. I have looked for over a decade for certain coins to surface and am still waiting for others. Don't worry about paying twice the KM price. For certain series and countries the prices are outdated, sometimes well outdated. You should consider becoming a contributor for Krause Publications for the areas where you are most knowledgeable. Congratulations!