• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Burning both ends of the Candle posted by G G's Keepers

9 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Proofs from the front and Circulated from the rear!!

Friends,

I know I said I was sending in the 70's for submission to get my mint sets rolling but....

I have been having a fun time catching up a few proof sets as I bid at lower than 50% and they keep winning. I will get around to sending off the 70's circulated but having a great time adding to the 20?? proofs right now.

Later---Rick

13609.jpg

See more journals by G G's Keepers

yes..also the jawline spot and small one by the temple area....I am hesitant to be critical because it may seem rude- so I suspect that those obvious flaws must be on the plastic slab. I don't think NGC would call this coin "perfect" if those were on the coin........

Congrats on this find at a great price....early 1980's and 1970's 70's are quite scarce...

I am still very critical of a 70uc. I have multiples of some coins and If I were to line them up against each other you would be able to pick out the one you like the best.

I have returned 70's because I felt they were lacking in some way, usually strike issues but I have bought a few that had strange issues. One coin had a blob of metal sticking off of the reeded edge, yet it sat in a 70UC holder. The seller had multiples so he traded me.

I believe NGC to be very strict when giving out a 70uc on the 1977-1991 years, so we can only hope it is on the holder.

I don't think I would consider what I said as hating I consider it pointing out something the owner might not have seen. :banana:

I'll have to pull her out and check for you Wells. I just loaded a pic not concerned with the perfection rejection. I noticed the spot as soon as it loaded up. I have purchased around 30 PF70UC's this week for around $15 each. That's cheaper than getting them graded!! Guess I could go through all the proof sets next and search for any bad ones later this month. Found 2 Silver Eagles last month with very light spots and kicked them to the curb.

I do need to clean off a few slabs and re take pics as I have quite a few pics with spots on the slabs that need removed but in haste did not take the time to clean them.

Later--Rick