• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toned 1966 SMS Set

2 posts in this topic

Will NGC grade and encapsulate this SMS set with this type of toning? The coins were stored in a south Louisiana attic for many years and I believe the toning to be natural. But since I am not well educated in being able to determine if coins are naturally toned or artificially toned, I figured this was best left to the experts. Pus I am not sure of what kind of toning NGC will accept on coins for certification.Thanks for your help.

1966SMSSetFullObv_zps2c93e972.jpg

1966SMSSetFullRev_zps51b04522.jpg

• Administrator

Thanks for the question. Unfortunately we are not able to give grading opinions based on photographs. You may want to check with a trusted dealer who has experience submitting similar coins to NGC. If you attend the ANA convention in Chicago there will be a number of dealers who could assist, and NGC will also offer free consultations during specific times at the show.