• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anyone care to take a shot at a 1954 proof jefferson for me?

8 posts in this topic

It is impossible to accurately grade proof coins from photographs; they easily hide hairlines that can limit the grade.

With this said, based on the images, I agree with Sam that this looks PF66 to me.

I don't think I can make out a single flaw on this coin from the pictures. It could easily grade PF68-69 if that's the case. Honestly, that is quite possible, considering how common the 1954 is, right up through PF69.

In 66 non cam it's not worth grading. A minor imperfection on a proof will put it in that grade range. The spots on the coin will lower the grade as well. Eye appeal is a factor in grading proofs. Save your money on slabbing those.

I must be looking at the wrong coin from the previous comments. I see a couple little ticks on Jefferson's collar and what might be polishing lines on his face. Not to mention a couple of stars to the left of the date that aren't even supposed to be in this series! Photo refelection with the stars maybe? Proof 65 with error if the stars aren't reflections from the photos! Like someone said

proofs are difficult to photograph!