• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Long Beach parking dilemma.

19 posts in this topic

Over the years, more and more of my Long Beach coin show 'secret' free parking spaces have been disappearing due to development. Now I just have one secret spot left, and if I don't arrive at just the right time, some other 'secret' person has taken it. So, do I park at the meter at $1 hour and go back and forth every two hours to feed it, or do I pay the $8 and park in the lot? BTW, I get in the lot free on Wednesday. I just hate to pay $8 when I am at the show for less than 5 hours. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

TRUTH

Even thought I can't read what you are saying, I can tell somewhat by your title. I have a solution to anyone's problems. TJ has been kind enough to offer his home to anyone going to the Long Beach show, and the use of his VW Mini Bus as transportation. I have dibs on TJ's couch, and I'm planning on staying there through November. thumbsup2.gif

Pay the $8. It isn't exactly a lot of money...especially for someone who just bought several monster toned commems in superb gems grades for themselves!

If you're really cheap, park up on Pacific Ave area and take the bus to the show. Shouldn't cost you more than $2 for the bus. Of course, you're socializing with people who'd kill you for the coins in your pocket, but you'll save $6 on parking! thumbsup2.gif

"Pay the $8. It isn't exactly a lot of money...especially for someone who just bought several monster toned commems in superb gems grades for themselves!"

I figure it this way. I've saved $6 per day per Long Beach show for 20 years. That's four days per show X 3 shows per year X 20 years or $1440. Or one monster Roanoke commem in PCGS67. Not too bad. 893applaud-thumb.gif And I've gotten exercise walking two blocks to boot! thumbsup2.gif

TRUTH

I figure it this way. I've saved $6 per day per Long Beach show for 20 years. That's four days per show X 3 shows per year X 20 years or $1440. Or one monster Roanoke commem in PCGS67. Not too bad. 893applaud-thumb.gif And I've gotten exercise walking two blocks to boot! thumbsup2.gif

You've only saved $6 if you stay at the show for only 2 hours. You probably stay at least 4 hours or $4. That's a $4 savings. $4/day x 3/days x 3 shows/year x 20 years = $720. Now, lets figure inflation into this. I remember when parking was half the price. You probably only saved $1-2 a day back then. Figure that in and the fact some days you've stayed longer and you've probably only saved $200. That's not enough for a Roanoke with original tab toning in ACG-63. confused-smiley-013.gif

As for the exercise, you probably get as much walking from your car in lot Z of Long Beach to the show.

How often do you spend all four days at the show? You were conspicuous in your absence at the most recent June show. You may be down to a cleaned AU Pilgrim.

-JamminJ

Jamminj,

At the June show, I was there Wednes- Friday. It was the BEST sales show I have ever done. Close to half this year's profit was made there. thumbsup2.gif But I just hate spending $8 for parking. frown.gif

TRUTH

At the June show, I was there Wednes- Friday. It was the BEST sales show I have ever done. Close to half this year's profit was made there. thumbsup2.gif But I just hate spending $8 for parking. frown.gif

I was only there Saturday for that show. Perhaps it was my absence which was conspicuious!

I understand the reluctance to pay $8, but there is the $5 outdoor lot on the corner.

-JamminJ

And I got a wonderful GREEN San Diego in PCGS66 from you at this show. cloud9.gif It is a beautiful coin.

To keep this tradition alive, please bring a non-tab toned, red, blue, or green toned Albany in 65-66 or Oregon in 65-67. thumbsup2.gif

Greg,

I have an absolutely lovely Albany, non tabbed toned for sale, PCGS66. It has red-magenta rims, with light pastel blue peripheries. Stunning. However, it is on consignment with Pinnacle and will be at the show. Ask to see it. It's not cheap, so bring some dough. thumbsup2.gif No oregons at the moment.

TRUTH

How often do you spend all four days at the show? You were conspicuous in your absence at the most recent June show. You may be down to a cleaned AU Pilgrim.

-JamminJ

27_laughing.gif

Lwo

Hmmm - $1 per hour for 5 hours or $8 for the show. Hmmm.

Why not park in your secret spot at midnite Wednesday and camp out in the car? grin.gif

And dress as a bellhop! If anyone thinks you look suspicious, head for the elevator!

27_laughing.gif

Leo

Jamminj,

At the June show, I was there Wednes- Friday. It was the BEST sales show I have ever done. Close to half this year's profit was made there. thumbsup2.gif But I just hate spending $8 for parking. frown.gif[

Bah! I paged you over the PA THREE times on Thurs/Fri. You were nowhere in sight. Admit it, you only showed up one day. You told me later you had to stay home because of some problem. Don't give me the bull...man. You had a good show Wednesday then blew off the rest of the show. So quite yer whining about $8 parking..! grin.gif

jom

"You told me later you had to stay home because of some problem."

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hmmmm? You're just jealous because I didn't sell you my MS68 oregon that went for moon money in the auction. 893frustrated.gifgrin.gif

TRUTH

You could always do what Jom does - charge high shipping fees on eBay to make extra money for the parking.

Hey! I have to eat you know... 893whatthe.gif

jom