• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver American Eagle set posted by wmfielding

7 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

had I known I'd have fired up the BBQ

I just completed my order for the new west point American Eagle set I logged on to the US Mint site at 11:58 and waited until 12:03 to try and place my order. very long story short at 12:51 I was able to complete my online order. I bet the poor people at the Mint received at least 10,000 orders in the first 45 min.

well at least I know that sometime after 5/17/2013 I will receive my coins I just hope they look as great in person as they do in there catalog

Happy collecting and God Bless...Mike

See more journals by wmfielding

I think it's 6/17 ship date. I too ordered at 12:03 and my web browser just sat there for over a half hour. I got a confirmation e-mail before my browser even loaded. It actually never did finish, and I can't log into my account. They are getting slammed right about now!, how many do you think they will sell total? 200K ,300K a million?

I collect the ER labels also. Don't really know why but I guess it is a strike against purchasing pre 2006 Eagles as they are hard to find in FS so it keeps the cash stash for other coin interests. :)

Rick

When I logged in to order mid afternoon, there was a note on the home page about the browser being slow.

I only took me about 5 minutes to complete the transaction. I bought 2 sets and have a ship date of 6/17.